Saturday, April 28, 2012

Crafty!



What a difference curtains can make! I finally (after Months of looking) found the perfect curtain pattern in this Navy Blue on www.fabric.com. I originally was looking for brown and white pattern which is pretty much IMPOSSIBLE to find...so I changed my mind, for the better I think. JoAnn's Fabric had pretty cute colors but the patterns were just...fine. I also checked out Home Fabrics and they had a TON of selection for cheep. But again just not what i was looking for. (However if you do get your fabric from them they can make your curtains for you for just $15 a panel.) I, and by I, I mean my Sister-in-Law sewed these bad boys up for me! I was there for like a quarter of the time pressing and cutting pieces. I was really there for the tiered laughing that usually happens when sewing for a long periods of time (that's the best part anyway right!?) I did However (with Help) put the grommets on!
I Picked these up from JoAnn's 


 
And this is an obvious reason for the type of  Grommet I decided to purchase :)

The outcome was just Wonderful!
A Tricky Part about these grommets in particular is that they snap together. Really great!  But when they snap it's literally one snap and that's it. So i would say for the first dozen grommets I did, I kept pushing waiting to hear at least two snaps so i knew it was secure. haha well it never happened and i did, get used to it. Anyway.... This is the great outcome of my "Do it yourself" curtains. 

Before
After
  

Before
After
Yay!!! And I hope I never have to do this again. haha (and by I, I mean make my family members do this for me again)


1 comment:

  1. Perfect! I am ready to drive the 2 hours to Vegas to try out Home Fabrics. I can't find anything here in St. George and I need my curtains done ASAP! I would gladly pay $15/panel!!!

    ReplyDelete